Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bella Vista Craft Fair

What a learning experience! A fun one at that. I think I may be a little bit addicted.
It was fun driving up to grandmas house the night before and spending the night.
For the past 3 weeks I've been tucking Brett into bed and staying up late to work work work. Lorelai and I left for grandmas at 8 pm, after dark, and I was really worried about my ability to stay awake driving alone in those conditions so I stopped at Panda Express and bought a Dr Pepper, bom bom bom! But it did the trick! I made it safely to Grandmas just after 10 PM and was completely wired for the next two hours. I did manage to get to bed at about midnight thirty and got four hours of sleep before my big day. Poor Emily though, didn't get to bed until 2:30 or so trying to finish her last massive wave of bags.
All the same we still got up and met a block away from the school on time. We dropped Ems car off in the parking lot of the near by Beverly's (only appropriate) and joined the progression of mini vans, mondo vans, and massive trailers pulling into the school. We were directed around a bit until we found our spot and got to start setting up. The event didn't start until 8 and we were ready at 7. So Em and I sat down in the freezing cold to finish up some hand sewing. Fortunately the bags provided a make shift blanket so I didn't completely turn into a Popsicle. Em had 2 sweaters on and still was too cold to tie effective knots with out much much effort and hand rubbing together. Note to self, when the forecast says high 70's bring a jacket anyway until the sun comes up doggoneit.
We enjoyed watching passersby and the few sales we got were fun too. The morning was much busier and pretty much right off the bat Emily sold one of her bags. I sold a pettiskirt and a bag and a few smaller items. Then we sat around while Emily nearly passed out from exhaustion and customer after customer came by and toyed with our emotions. If I had a dollar for every time someone came by and exclaimed over the cuteness of my pettiskirts and then didn't buy one I'd be rich out of my mind and Emily would be the same with her bags. In the end someone came by and bought the whole Halloween out fit pettiskirt and shirt.
During the show we were invited to 3 more craft fairs and will definitely be going to 2 of them, plus another we had already planned on. Expect to hear more about it in the future!
Unfortunately I don't have pics from the fair yet but you can expect those in the near future as well :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm still exhausted just thinking about this.
    and i have no desire at all to step foot in a fabric store at all this week.
    my mind may just go insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame poor Em! I totally believe it. You really busted it out that last week and have definitely deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete