Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July Part One- The Wreath

It wasn't too many years ago that I thought wreaths were only for Christmas but my crafty friends have educated me otherwise and I started looking at wreaths for other holidays. Insert pinterest here, with all their crafty homemade wreaths, and the desire to make own began to grow. Then I saw this

pinned and new I had to try it. My hubs nearly stopped breathing when I told him I wanted to go to Home Depot. I love Patriotic colors and since 4th of July was coming up I decided to go with it.
I picked up some flowers from the wedding supply/floral shop and ribbon form Michael's and got to work!

I soon realized that I had vastly underestimated how many flowers it would take to cover my wreath. So I went out and bought more :/ I ended up with this happiness.


What did I learn from this project? I love the satisfaction of the finished product. I also will probably never do one like this again. Those flowers were too expensive! I may attempt a much more simple wreath in the future.

In the meantime stay tuned for the Parts Two and Three of my Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. at least you hopefully wont have to make another 4th nof july one now. it looks a whole heck of a lot different now than the first picture you sent me. very nice :)

    ReplyDelete